Wednesday, July 7

'thy sweet graces'


summer evenings on the porch swing, ruffled aprons, and tall glasses of lemonade. flowery tablecloths hanging on the line to dry.

a charming piece of a vintage quilt is the background for 'thy sweet graces'. the quilt pattern is called postage stamp as even the smallest squares of cotton were sewn together and quilted. old dresses were cut apart after they were worn out and the pieces were shared with friends and made into quilts.

even after this quilt was worn to shreds, this piece remains to remind me of the sweet graces that are found in everyday beauty.

12 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Very pretty!

Stephanie said...

That kind of "beauty within thriftiness" was what first drew me to quilts and quilting. What a lovely keepsake you've created. So sweet!

Home and Heart said...

SO very pretty! I love the "sentimental" look!

KarenB said...

Love it!

Jeanne said...

It's sweet perfection Julie.
xo
jeanne

Jillayne said...

This is beautiful Julie! What a sweet way to preserve even the smallest fragment of a once-treasured quilt. You have given me an idea or two with this one!

Kateyed said...

So, so charming. I love it.

Suz
http://katsuijewelry.blogspot.com
(not just about the jewelry)

Jingle said...

This is so pretty!

Kika said...

Soooo very pretty!

paperbird said...

so very beautiful Julie.

Tina said...

Julie this is lovely. I have so many shredded quilts - what a great use for them.
xo
tina

Threads of Inspiration said...

What a lovely idea, I have a quilt my grandmother made me that too is worn to shreds. This gives me some ideas. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...